Thursday, September 30, 2010

Girls' Weekend

My darling husband and his peeps have done a Guys' Weekend at our family's cottage, a couple hours away, every year for the past five years, at least. So last year, me and some of my cooler peeps started a similar tradition, although the festivities are much, much different.

Our group is small, and that isn't because of a lack of invitations to join us. Women just have a hard time separating from their every day responsibilties. Ladies, you can give me every excuse in the book why you cannot join us for a weekend of relaxation on the lake, but when it comes down to it, it is because you feel you cannot break away. Your family cannot do it for two or three days without you. I know this, because for many years, I used the same excuse.

The key is to plan ahead. I have had this weekend picked out since early February. It is on the calendar. You plan around it. Everyone else needs to plan around it, too. Because Momma needs a little more sleep and a little less action, mentally and physically.

Me and the girls leave tomorrow. While sitting at my desk today, I figured I better put a list together of what I need for my weekend. Here goes...
  • Pillow
  • Sleeping bag
  • Books
  • Beer
  • iPad
  • Fleece jacket
  • Popcorn
  • H2O
  • Diet Pepsi
Nope... can't think of another thing that I may need. Seriously. It is possible that I will not shower or eat or change my clothes more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment