Friday, September 17, 2010

Losing Battle

I went to school to be a dietitian. After undergrad, I went to one of the best and most terribly expensive schools in the state of Ohio for my graduate degree, and at the same time did my internship at UH of Cleveland. Pair that background with being reprimanded by a preschool teacher for not providing Isaac with a perfectly well-rounded lunch one day out of two hundred, and you have the making of a nutritional warrier. And, I am losing the battle.

I knew lunch for Ian in kindergarten would be a struggle. I just didn't know he would end up not eating the majority of his lunches because he is distracted by the chaos known as elementary school.

We tried buying. He threw his entire lunch, including his milk, in the trash. Since I cannot bear the thought of perfectly good food being thrown out, we now pack. But this is what we have had to resort to.


It is likely that half of this will, yet again, come home in the lunch bag.

This morning when I was up nice and early, Audrey asked if I would pack her lunch. I asked what she wanted in it. Wheat thins, a butter sandwich, green peppers, chocolate chip muffins and a drink.


There is no point in me packing anything else... because she won't eat it.

Here would be a good place to let you know that after years of studying to be a dietitian, I practiced as one for eighteen months and I was D.O.N.E. Done.

Why you ask?

BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD EVER LISTEN TO ME AND THEY ATE WHATEVER THEY WANTED!

2 comments:

  1. That's the problem of today's generation. A lot of our kids don't eat what we pack for their lunch because they opt for junkfoods. Sigh. I guess you have to be more creative with the foods you pack for them.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the problem of today's generation. A lot of our kids don't eat what we pack for their lunch because they opt for junkfoods. Sigh. I guess you have to be more creative with the foods you pack for them.:-)

    ReplyDelete