Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Empire State of Mind

A few months ago, I decided that it was time that Audrey and I take a trip together to NYC.

We just got back last night from our trip, and IT WAS FABULOUS.

I believe it is possible that I am a displaced New Yorker. I don't think I could get enough of the city! ::: sigh :::

I could go on and on about what we did and everything we experienced, but instead, I have put together a top 10 of what I love about NYC!
  1. New Yorkers are so incredibly bossy, yet so fabulously helpful. I prefer their no BS approach. I was so impressed with how genuine New Yorkers are. Give me that over false pleasantries any day.
  2. Speed. Love it. Hate dawdling. { Is that even a word? } Go, go, go. We have places to be. Let's just get there. No BS. It works.
  3. Four-story H&M. Need I say more? Hell to the no. I. do. not.
  4. Boots and scarves. Although NYC is also a perfect place for yoga pants. On Broadway.
  5. Dare I say that there is no one in NYC that is 30+ lbs. overweight? See #2.
  6. No one walks around talking on cell phones. See #2.
  7. Subways rock. Subway turnstiles do not.
  8. Man's best friend. Lots of them. And babies. Parents raising their babies in the city. God bless them.
  9. The Brooklyn Bridge leading to Brooklyn Heights. The skyline of NYC is spectacular.
  10. Time Square. I love it, but I hate it.
For those of you that aren't BFFs with me on Facebook, you can still check out are pics from the trip here: Facebook photo album

And, we did visit the TODAY Show... had to get our bright orange sign on TV wishing my daughter's friend a happy birthday. Watch the here: TODAY Show on youtube

I LOVE NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment