Sunday, November 30, 2008

10 00 N, 84 00 W


These are the geographical coodinates of Costa Rica.

Matt and I love watching International House Hunters on HGTV on the weekend nights (romantic, I know). We love laying in bed, dreaming of somewhere warm as the Ohio winter continues to come in like a lion. Some favorite House Hunter desinations have been Nicaragua, Turks and Caicos, Panama... and of course, Costa Rica.

Homes in Costa Rica are relatively inexpensive. And, the weather and views are free. The lifestyle is laid back and is typically mentioned on the show as an obstacle to be overcome by the home buyers. As if . . .

Matt is a man that sees direction in "signs", so I totally am prepared when he tells me that, once again, Costa Rica is the featured destination... and we are moving there because, of course, it is just meant to be. We will buy a beachfront bar/restaurant that we can also live in. How convenient!!

Matt's brother Andy spent months in Costa Rica, so we have an informational access point to living there. I would home school the kids, and we would spend alot of "hands-on" learning at the beach. They may not end up the most intelligent adults, but you only need so much book knowledge to run the bar/restaurant that you will inherit.

So, I start "speaking", randomly using the very limited Spanish I retained from two years of Spanish in high school, and we tell our kids that we are moving. The only things they will need to pack is a couple pair of shorts, tshirts, flip flops and their pillows. Audrey is not moving ANYWHERE, but to Mackenzie's house. Isaac and Ian just stare at us in disbelief and wonder.

I think we would both go in a heartbeat. If only we could pull it off.

2 comments:

  1. um... yeah... right... Audrey keeps scaring Mackenzie with that "we're moving" talk. I don't think my sensitive 5th grader could take that right now... can you please stay a while?

    ReplyDelete
  2. um... yeah... right... Audrey keeps scaring Mackenzie with that "we're moving" talk. I don't think my sensitive 5th grader could take that right now... can you please stay a while?

    ReplyDelete