Monday, March 29, 2010

absence makes the heart grow fonder

Matt has been gone since last Thursday, so it has been just me, the kids and lil' biscuit at home. I dreaded Matt's time away because there is alot to juggle with three busy kids, the house, the dog, and just a handful  of businesses. However, on this dreary Monday, I am happy to report that, while we miss him terribly (our nightly tears at bedtime tell us so!), I have actually felt more in control with more energy over the past few days. And, I think I know why.

You see, when Matt is home, because his office is at home and because I work outside of the house during the day, I rely on him to do some of the housework, errand running, etc. Mentally, I think I exhaust myself with thinking numerous times throughout a day.... "will Matt do this?", "do I need to ask Matt to do this?", "will Matt do this the way I would like it done?"... etc. I am a Type A OCD-loving control freak, what can I say?

When you don't have someone else to rely on, you just get done what needs to get done, it gets done your way, and WHEN you want it done. And dude, I am on top of it! I conquered this past weekend with time left to spare.

So, Matt, when you get home, stay out of my way and just do what I tell you to do! Control looks good on me, don't you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment