Friday, March 19, 2010

circle of spring

Last week sucked. I was sick a couple of days, felt like crap, plus had way too much going on. By the time Friday came around, I was ready for some retail-therapy. I went out alone that afternoon shopping for some random things I wanted to prep the house for our weekend guests.

One of the things I needed, since it seemed as though the weather was breaking for good in northern Ohio (who am I kidding??), was a new wreath for our front door so I ran into Hobby Lobby.

{Do you know that my younger sister just went to Hobby Lobby for her first time last week? Craziness, I tell you.}

I am typically very frugal with my decor, since I change things relatively often around our house. Plus, I am somewhat crafty and creative, and I usually can figure out how to make things... like wreaths.

I spent a good hour in Hobby Lobby trying to figure out how to make this gorgeous wreath.
At one point, they announced a "Code Charlie in Aisle 4...Code Charlie in Aisle 4..." which I swear was code for, "Check out the lady wearing the hat in Aisle 4 because has been here for an excessive amount of time and soon will be showing hydrangea stalks down her pants!"

From there, I was all SCREW IT... I will just buy the wreath! I intended to make the wreath because the price tag read $99. But as we all know, Hobby Lobby has great deals, and this wreath was 50% off. STILL WAY TOO MUCH FOR A WREATH. I do admit.

I caved, feeling like my Mom who would buy excessively expensive things, and then say "Ssssshhhh... your Dad will never know. He will think it has ALWAYS been there." I feel all growed up now.

And, for the record, I made the bow. Yes, I did.


1 comment:

  1. Hello! found you on Lady Bloggers Society! Your blog is great, and I can't wait to read more!

    Following now!

    http://www.gerberdaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete