Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer Fare

Ian, age 4, has a freakish affection for fruits and vegetables. He cannot get enough. Ever. He would eat an entire watermelon if we let him. I know, I know... we are so lucky because your child(ren) will only eat chicken nuggets and carnival food.

Last night, I offered this delicious treat for his night time snack... angel food cake topped with fresh strawberries and canned whipped cream. I gave him the opportunity to taste the angel food cake first... "tastes like a donut, doesn't it?"... he agreed, but wasn't at all impressed.

Here is the thing with Ian... if it takes him any effort to eat (i.e. with a utensil), he will tell me that he doesn't like it. "I only wanted strawberries... not all of this. I would like a piece of cheese instead." Well, not tonight little buddy. "Eat it. And, if you are done, it is bedtime."

I went outside to sit on the deck with Matt for a few minutes, and by the time I went back in, the plate was practically licked clean. But I can almost guarantee that he will never touch a scrumptous piece of angel food cake again. Whipped cream, I cannot guarantee.


No comments:

Post a Comment