Tuesday, December 21, 2010

30 Days of Truth {Day 14} A hero that has let you down.

And... here I am again, writing for this challenge. This is only my ninth one out of thirty! Painful. Make note to self never to do this again. Dudes, I am just not that complex, and I don't even think I can answer the majority of what is left!

Today, with day number 14's challenge, I am supposed to write a letter to a hero that has let me down. First of all, I don't write letters... to anyone... since 1995. Secondly, I don't have any heroes. Never have. Is that weird? Seems like one should have a hero or two.

Here are some definitions of the word 'hero' from http://www.dictionary.com/:

1. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.
3. the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.
4. Classical Mythology .
    a. a being of godlike prowess and beneficence who often came to be honored as a divinity.
    b. (in the Homeric period) a warrior-chieftain of special strength, courage, or ability.
    c. (in later antiquity) an immortal being; demigod.

I left out the ones dealing with sandwiches. It is quite possible that a hero sandwich has let me down a time or two.

I know of many, many people in my every day life that meet the qualities in #1 in the above; but, I don't know if I would ever classify them as 'heroes'. If I did, heroes are just people. And people - all people - let other people down on a relatively consistent basis. Those who are noble and brave fail, just like those who are afraid or cowardly. We all suck when it comes right down to it.

So, my readers, since I have made it all 38 years without having a true hero, or having said hero let me down,  I shall throw this one back at YOU!

Who is your hero and, if you care to share, did he/she ever let you down? It is your time to spill it in the "Comments" section below. You can be truly anonymous. Or not. Just share!


If you can, please click on that brown bar up above to VOTE-VOTE-VOTE for my blog! I hover between #5-6 in the category of "Everything Else"... and in the 70's for the entire blog list, which is not so bad when you consider there are a thousand-plus blogs on topmommyblogs.com. However, I would like to be in the top 25, so I NEED YOUR VOTES! Consider it your Christmas gift to me. Gracias!

No comments:

Post a Comment