Monday, December 13, 2010

My addiction

Not only do I participate in self-inflicted torture, I also feed my addiction of blog reading. I could read blogs all day long.  In fact, some days, I do. Reading one leads to the reading of another, which leads to the reading of at least five more.

I thought you would like to know how I keep up with the blogs I like to follow. I don't know why I think you would like to know that, and even if you don't, I am still going to tell you. You are likely ahead of the curve, unlike myself, and are already using a version of a RSS feed... but if not, here are a couple suggestions.

I use Google Reader, and if you aren't, you should.

Not only can you subscribe to blogs with the Reader, Google also keeps track of the types of blogs you visit and subscribe to, and then it makes additional suggestions of blog posts and sources.

All new blog posts are highlighted by source, and when you read them, they become unhighlighted.
















I also use iGoogle, which is a personalized webpage with information that is important to me, like news items from CNN, People.com (yes, that is important information to me), Weather.com, and the new blog feeds into my Google reader. I don't use this as much as I do Google Reader, but it is my Home page, so it is a good way to take a quick glance at everything going on at one time.













I must go now... my Reader is filling fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment