Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh pickles!

A few months ago, I had found a pickle Christmas ornament in our house, likely in the terrifying abyss known as Isaac's room.  My memory is not as it used to be, go figure, so I could not, for the life of me, figure out WHY we had a very fragile glass pickle hanging on a string, like this one.


Weeks went on, and no one could recall why we had the pickle. Then the pickle broke into a million pieces, which was awwwwwwesome... because that meant the pickle just went away, and I no longer needed to worry.  

Hahaha... NOW I remember why we had the pickle! Because of the family tradition we (meaning my own little brood of 5) have of hiding the pickle in the Christmas tree... and the first to find the pickle on Christmas morning gets to open the first present!!!

Family of mine? Don't you remember that tradition?

Of course not. Because we never played that game. Why, oh why, did we have that pickle?

No comments:

Post a Comment