Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two Down... Many More To Go

Well, I am almost two weeks in to my 'part time' schedule at work, and many of you have asked how it is going so I shall share.

As expected, I don't have much to do. All kids are are of the house by 8:45am, and the first one doesn't get back home until 3:30pm. As you can see, I have much time to kill.

The past two weeks have felt like two months, and that is not a bad thing. I am ON TOP of it all. There is no task left undone. No dog left unwalked. No drawer left unorganized. No food item left unpurchased. No piece of clothing left unwashed. The house even has splashes of Valentine's Day hearts. I have read 2 1/2 books, and I am completely caught up on my DVR'ed shows. My Google Reader is fully read. Plus, all of my 'work' work is done. I almost brought home a dog or two. I haven't given up on that yet.

We have eaten home cooked meals every single day, and have likely saved quite a bit of dough because of that... and less miles on the van. I think I have only shopped a couple of times for non-food items... Lunches are made the night before. No rushing around in the morning.

I have even actually taken time to eat breakfast and/or lunch. Huh? Wha? Yes, I have taken a moment or two to prepare my own meal - just for me - and I sit and eat it, often times, while catching up on a TV show. You may find that odd, but I never, ever had it in me to do that before. In fact, I have often told Matt he is inefficient because he does all of this lunch time prep while working from home... I now realize that I may have self-inflicted A.D.D. Likely so.

I would have thought that my tolerance for my work life would have increased with my limited time in the office; however, that is not the case. I won't even get into it, but let me tell you that in the past few days, either out of a lack of patience or my very hot temper, one of my least flattering moments occurred in the office. I snapped.

I am sleeping good. Not worrying about money. I feel rested and content. But a smidgen bored? Maybe this is just normal. Maybe this is what experiencing life is all about. Chillin' out. Go figure. I do believe I may have been over-scheduled all of this time. Hmmph.

I have been looking ahead to summer. Three kids home every day, all summer long. God, help me.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog at Ohio Bloggers, Im from NE Ohio to!

    ReplyDelete