Sunday, March 27, 2011

Out of the mouth of {my} babe


You got that right, Ian.

While we are on the subject of Ian, today, Matt and I were walking through the neighborhood while he and Isaac rode their bikes. They had gotten up ahead of us and had stopped at the lake in our neighborhood.

Apparently, when the waters receded a couple of weeks ago, the fish were unable to make it back with the water... and there were quite a few fish that had their lives ended in the grass. Of course the boys stopped to poke and look at the dead fish. 


We got them moving on their way, and later in the walk, we were headed for the lake again. I yelled up to Ian, "Stay away from the fish this time."

He turned around and responded with his hands up in the air, palms up, "What? I wasn't going to stop at the fish!"

Of course, I said, "Well, you did LAST time."

Without missing a beat, he said, "I don't DO last times."



No comments:

Post a Comment