Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What's for dinner? Chicken Tetrazzini

Last week was from hell in our house. We were over scheduled and underfed. But this week has been very different. Leisurely schedules and home cooked meals. Bliss.

On today's table, shall {eventually} sit Chicken Tetrazzini. This recipe was passed down to me from my mother-in-law, and while my kids loathe it because everything is mixed together and TOUCHING!, Matt loves it.

Here we go, and this is from memory, which means this recipe is very forgiving. I often improvise depending on my time and what I have on hand, as you will see. Plus, this is AWESOME to freeze and pull out when you need a home cooked meal in a pinch.

Chicken Tetrazzini

4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked {however you prefer to do it} and diced
or
2 cans of white chicken, diced


1 green pepper, diced
1 white onion, diced
1 stick of  butter
Saute the pepper and onion in butter to soften the vegetables.
*Because Matt has big, big issues with large pieces of vegetables, {God help me, I know}, I actually mutilate mine beyond recognition in the food processor and then saute them.
** I have substituted the peppers for chopped spinach.

2 cans of cream of chicken soup {or whatever creamy canned crap you happen to have on hand.} 
*When feeling particularly large Marge, I will use only one, and add some milk to thin the first can of soup.
** When I used the spinach, I subbed one can of soup with 1 cup sour cream.

2 cups shredded mild cheddar
1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese {grated will do, too}

1 box of spaghetti noodles, cooked

Directions: 

Preheat over to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix the cans of chicken soup with thecooked vegetables and leftover butter. Stir in the cheddar cheese and chicken. Add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir in the cooked spaghetti. Pour into 9 x 13 inch casserole dish that has been greased. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.

Cook, uncooked uncovered, for 45 minutes or until brown and bubbly on top.

Bon appetite!

: :   : :   : :

If you plan on making this recipe, click the brown bar!
Why? Pfft. I don't know... just 'cause.


No comments:

Post a Comment