Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a minute or more in my head

Life is so full of STUFF right now that I don't even know what to blog about... which is my typical blogging dilemma of late. Here is what I have going on in this life and noggin' of mine...

Ian (age 4) is no longer wearing a pull up at night. And, he isn't waking up drenched in his own urine. Milestone reached. Momma sad. Her baby has given up the one last "baby" feature. Where has the time gone?

Same son has bout of Fifth's Disease. We figured as much when his "sun-burnt" cheeks didn't go away after about 4 days of clouds. But, we sent him to school anyway because all of the research I chose to pay attention to said that once the "rash" comes out, the child is no longer contagious. School called home on Monday to let us know they think he has Fifth's Disease. Gee, thanks. Sorry we didn't tell you first.

I was asked to make my younger sister's friend's wedding invitations. They were finalized this past weekend, and Oooooo, the pressure to get them right. I don't procrastinate at anything, but this is someone's wedding... scared to start this one. Hopefully their one and only, and she is trusting me with the first impression her guests will have of her wedding. Don't worry Kristin, they will be beautiful! ::wink::wink::

Through my friend Holly, I have come to realize that I have not paid enough attention to my oldest friendships... and quite possibly the newest ones in my life. Not because I don't value them, but because that is just the way I have always rolled. I have always liked to keep my distance to eliminate the fear and pain of disappointment... I must say, I am pretty jaded from junior high and high school. As I told my friend Jenny yesterday, I think I may have learned my lesson. However, it is comforting to know that regardless of how much time has gone by, it will be those oldest friendships that will always be there for me. It is somewhat ironic that I just started reading The Girls from Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow.

Thanks to some awesome ladies and an awesome designer, my Miche Bag business has exploded. It gets me excited to see so many others jazzed about something... and it is a bonus that it is an accessory! I am booked with home parties until June, and that month is about full, too. Good problem to have.

I am helping to plan my high school class' 20-year reunion. So much to be done!

Our raised-bed garden structure arrived last week. Since the temperature has been so crazy (up and down, up and down) here in northern Ohio, I have only laid the foundation for the garden, which means I have layered cardboard, grass clippings, pine needles, some compost, etc. Within the next week or so we should have the soil placed, and then we will wait for the temperature to stay about 40 degrees.

I decided this morning, after waking up with squeaky dry eyes, that I should pursue lasik eye surgery. I am just doggone tired of scratchy eyes and looking like I am stoned or drunk all day long. I started wearing glasses in second grade... contacts in fifth grade... so these peeps need a reprieve.

My good friend, Jamie, is opening a home consignment boutique in Stow, just right up the street from our development. She plans to open Jade Grace on May 1, 2010. Consign or buy! For all of you locals, stay tuned for details! It is going to be great!

I cannot wait to catch up on Glee, Parenthood, Modern Family and Cougartown tonight! Lots of controversy on the radio today surrounding Glee's Madonna episode last night. Too much sex? Dunno, but I did send Matt a text telling him Audrey (age 11) should not be allowed to chill to Glee on the DVR when she gets home from school today. With much trepidation because of the content, she and I have watched some episodes toegther, but she may have seen her last episode. Apparently, the show is rate TV14. I, however, am over 14 and cannot wait to see the episode and download the tunes!

It is always nice when feathers find their friends, don't you think? I was able to find the reverse version of the initial print at Target. I love them!

Enjoy your hump day and I hope wherever you are, there is plenty of sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment