Friday, November 19, 2010

Thirty Days of Truth { Day 5 } Something you hope to do in your life.

I do not have a 'bucket list' of things I would like to do before I die, which seems odd to me, because of my incessant need to plan, organize and make lists. Maybe it is just that I have low expectations of life experiences (not a low expectation of life) or is it that I find the joy in the mundane? Or maybe I am just lazy? Hmmmm... ponder that for a while...

Like every one else in the world, I would like to have made an impact on someone's life. I would like to be remembered... to have a wonderful legacy... raise my  children to be responsible, law abiding and independent adults who impact their own world... etc., etc., etc. Outside of those important things, here are some less important things I would like to do, in no particular order:

  • Meet Michelle and Barack Obama. Regardless of your political beliefs, the couple has made history and are impacting the world around them - near and far.
  • Live in a century home that has been completely renovated before my occupation of it.
  • Live on a semi-working farm. Although, I don't expect to be the one semi-working it.
  • Live in a warm climate 365 days a year that isn't Florida or Texas. It isn't the 'south' I crave. It is the warmth and sunshine.
  • I would love to have an outside garden like the mom, Camille, on NBC's "Parenthood".
  • Visit the Holy Land.
  • Go on safari in Africa.
I suppose I could think of more if I tried, but at this point, I better start saving up and resting up! My newly created bucket list seems very expensive!

What do YOU hope to do in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment