Saturday, December 4, 2010

Which road did I take?

Last week, I posted about a crossroads in my life. 

Matt and I talked about it (again) at great length, and I decided to ask to cut my hours to 20 at my current employer, moving ahead in 2011.  The rest of my time would be filled with kids, working with Matt over at JoltCMS, and all of the other extracurriculars that I seem to fill my time with.

The owner of our company has always been so awesome when it comes to flexibility. When my kids started school and someone needed to be there to meet them at home after school, he agreed to let me scoot out at 3:00pm. One year, when our financial situation didn't allow raises, I asked if I could take Fridays "off" instead. He agreed. I have been very, very blessed. And this time is no different.

He told me that if this was something I wanted to do, who was he to stand in my way. As long as things didn't suffer at the company, he was game.

Of course, when you go from full-time to part-time status, there are some major benefits lost. Matt and I knew that, and it will all work out. It always does.

And, this time, it actually feels good to be the one who is choosing the path. Well, sort of... the story may not be quite over.

Stay tuned!

{ And VOTE for me over at topmommyblogs.com! It is easy... just CLICK on the brown bar below! }


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment