Here we are on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend... my five minute brain dump thanks to Stream of Consciousness Sunday at all.things.fadra. Hmmm... there is so much, yet not so much of anything meaningful.
- Yesterday we spent about six hours at the pool at the country club that we recently joined. I have been waiting for six months for a day like yesterday. Hot sun, refreshing breeze, cold beers and the open pool. It was heaven, plus I didn't have to talk to anyone, and Matt wasn't especially social. However, I need to get used to things like... not feeling bad that Matt asked them to buy me a bottle or two of Zing Zang for my bloody marys... or having some sweet teenagers bring us our food to our chairs while we relax and sip a cool drink. For someone whose love language is acts of service, clubbin' it makes me feel somewhat odd. However, no one will have to twist my arm to go back today. I was born to lounge poolside, no doubt about it.
- I am done begging for votes on TopMommyBlogs.com. Yep. Click the button if you want or if you feel I am worthy, but the whole popularity contest is way too exhausting. Don't get me wrong, I still want your votes, because it is cRaZy how things change when you are on the first page of the directory, but I give up.
- Since I am not going to put emphasis on getting votes, that also means I will stop pressuring myself to post every day. When you don't post, your votes plummet. Basic math. I could post every day, let's be honest. My life is just. that. darn. exciting. Pfft. And my thoughts... oh so very wise. But let's face it, my bootie will be poolside the majority of the next three months, so you may want me to post about that... or the freaky parents at the pool... or the lack of proper Zing Zang... or not.
- There was a bunny in our yard yesterday morning. He was soooo cute, let me tell you. And, I caught him red handed with my day lillies in his toofers. My vegetable garden is planted, and if I find him anywhere near my home grown goods, the BB gun is coming out. I have given him fair warning. We had a lovely discussion while he nestled in our beds. One pellet in his fluffy little behind...
Let's see... what else, what else?
- This past week, for some reason, I was reminded repeatedly of our present day obsessive overprotection of our children. When I say "our", I am talking about you, me and the rest of the parents in our country. I really don't have the energy to research the stats, but while the world seems so scary, it isn't... and it isn't any more dangerous today letting your kindergarten walk to school than it was back in 1976 when I did. Damn, that makes me feel old. I was four when I went to kindergarten, too. Scandalous. Or wildly smart.
- I absolutely love, love, love my Electrolux Ergorapido that I bought myself for Mother's Day. I am so not joking... you ALL need to have one or buy one for the special someone in your life. It is amazing. It is a darn shame if you are living without it.
I am sure I am beyond my five minutes... so just one more thing... while I will not be sporting an iPhone anytime soon, I am getting a Galaxy S 4G. It is bitchin'. There have been 4,239 snafus in trying to actually acquire one, so it may be that God is trying to tell me I don't need it. Which, I don't. But, oh, it looks to offer so much fun.
I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend! Be sure to take some time to remember those that have risked it all for our freedom... and thank a veteran for the sacrifices they have made... and a serviceman/woman for those they continue to make for this awesome country!